Athletics 2017 Reflection

 I used a growth mindset in high jump when I only made one jump on 1.5 metres and I was annoyed about that because my goal was to get to zone’s but I did not achieve that in high jump and that was annoying because I thought I would be better this year.

I did not manage to achieve my athletics goal of going to the zones with lots and lots of kids competing against each other to see who wins it. In sprints I came third and would have gone to the finals if it had been three people in the short sprints. I had Joey trailing behind me and I was trailing behind Jack W. I was a step in front of Joey and a step behind Jack but I am still annoyed about that I was third and still did not make it to the final.

In high jump I tried to make as many as I could so I maybe just maybe I could make it to the zones but my luck failed and now there is no way for me to make it  to the zones but that did not happen.

I know what i thought I did well because I did my best and that is all that matters it was when I came third in the running because i did not give up when my leg hurt and I just kept on going even when things were hard for me and that is what I did well.

The thing that was challenging for me was the high jump where I only got one jump over I did not do as well as last year where I got about five over the bar. This year I was very bad at it same with the sprints last year I was very good at it and got into the finals this year I got third and not into the final.

I am most proud of my long jump because I think I got about 1.30 meters and that for me is very good. Usually I would get about 1 metre and that is bad. For my age I thought I would be going to zones, but I will not be going to the zones this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment